AWTR-UHAUL is committed to your safety when travelling with a trailer.
It is important to know that towing is very different from everyday driving - it requires additional driving skills and safety precautions.
As a driver, you have a legal responsibility to other road users and yourself when towing a trailer, caravan or other vehicle to drive safely and responsibly. The towing vehicle, trailer and its load must all meet legal and safety requirements.
If you would like more information on trailer safety, we recommend you:
- Visit the The National Caravan & Recreational Vehicle Towing Guide for safety tips and legal requirements
- Click on your state for your local transport authority website
- Contact your local transport authority
- Visit the following websites: RACQ, RACV, RAA, RAC, RACT, NRMA
or for Northern Territory Call (08) 89813837
- View our attaching a trailer & safety videos here